Our vision ...
The Peace Party seeks to promote a society that is compassionate and respectful, and that values cooperation over competition.
A compassionate society
A compassionate society is generous towards its weaker and more needy members. It seeks to ameliorate their condition and to provide both material and moral support.
A respectful society
A society whose members respect one another feels less threatened by differences in religion, lifestyle, and politics, and is more able to 'live and let live.' Nor will a society that has respect for others be willing to go to war.
Co-operation is better than competition
Competition would play a smaller part in a society whose members were aware and supportive of the needs and aspirations of others.
Contact us for more
information. For contact details please click
a better world
The world as we know it is far from
ideal. Of course we realise nothing can ever be perfect, but there is no
reason not to try to improve things as much as we can. Here are some of
the characteristics of the kind of world we would like to live
1. Conflict would always be resolved by non-violent means: killing each other is no way to settle differences, and war is always wrong.
2. Everyone would be involved in making the decisions that affect their lives.
There would be appropriate health care and freedom of choice for all.
3. There would be safe and peaceful homes for everyone.
4. People would be able to live in harmony with one another and their natural and man-made surroundings.
5. Everyone would have access to justice.
6. Everyone would have freedom and opportunity to learn and to study, helping empower themselves and their communities.
7. Everyone would have meaningful work and an assured income without exploitation or oppression.
8. Everyone would have leisure time and easy access to facilities for creativity and recreation.
Vote for Peace!
County Council Elections in May, 2013
Peace Party stood candidates in Surrey and West Sussex in elections for
the County Councils there. Jim Duggan was the candidate in Horsham -
Riverside, Julie Roxburgh in Woking South, Tom May in Guildford South-West
and John Morris in Guildford West.
They gave voters in
those Divisions of their home counties an opportunity to vote for
something most of us want but which isn't even in the manifesto of the
other parties — peace! Click on "Elections" to see how they
By voting for any of of the traditional parties you are, whether you want to or not, endorsing our country's militarism, and our intervention in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and now Mali. We don't think this is right! We think you should be able to tell the Government that there is a better way.
Help us to to bring our vision of a better and more peaceful world closer, by voting for the Peace Party at future elections.
If you would like to know more about the Peace Party and its policies, or even to get involved, why not send us an email or call us for a chat?
|Copyright © 2010-2012
Last updated on Friday, 17 May 2013 at 14.59, serial 244-1867 (184.108.40.206) • [ Webmail ]